BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS
Position Opening: Scotland, North East/West, Wales
The business development manager will be responsible for developing sales of Surtex surgical instruments. specialist retractor systems & Surticon container systems product line within a defined territory. Primary responsibility will be to achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets through strategic planning, relationship building, new account targeting, extensive product knowledge and exceptional customer service. There will be a significant element of in theatre sales and key contacts will include procurement, nurses, ODA’s and to a large extent surgeon. Quite often the tools provided are predominantly used and specified by Nurse Managers and these “hands on” clinical professionals in the outpatient (and sometimes CCG space) make up a core customer base. The role is home based and will require significant travel and some nights away from home to ensure the territory is effectively managed.
- Applicants for this position will either be currently selling into the hospital or working in a clinical position in the theatre environment
- They will have sold / familiar with surgical instruments for a range of specialities ENT, Cardio, Neuro, Ophthalmic etc
- Applicants could be working as a medical Territory Manager / Sales Representative / Account Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales Specialist / ODA / ODP / Theatre nurse or similar.
- Develop new business with customers and accounts previously not sold to
- Develop a formal business plan at the beginning of each fiscal year to be followed by subsequent monthly and quarterly territory reports aimed at achieving territory sales goals
- Attain monthly and quarterly sales objective as defined by senior management
- Take initiative and identify new business opportunities
- Identify product development/improvement opportunities for sales, marketing and product development reams
- Maintain a high level of technical, product and disease sate knowledge
- Provide a consultative role in the OR environment in accordance with specific product indications
- Operate in defined budgets and strictly in accordance with corporate procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required; business or science-related degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience business-to-business sales (or similar)
- Two years’ surgical device or other medical sales preferred
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Confidence to communicate with established physicians and other surgical personnel
- Strong negotiation and selling skills.
- Interpersonal and political savvy within hospital setting
- Track record of developing sales plans and executing
- Team player
- Physically capable of standing for long hours in the Operating Room during cases.
- Must be able to lift and carry 65lbs
- Highly competitive with a strong track record of success
- Must possess a valid driver’s license